Popular Posts

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Making Known the Manifold Wisdom of God

Ephesians 3: 8-10  To me, though I am the very least of all the saints  this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things, so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in heavenly places.

So favor was given to me, an ordinary person, to put into words the unfathomable, boundless, exhaust-less wealth of Christ, a wealth so vast no human being can explore to the end of it.   Favor was also given to me to make plain God's strategy to redeem this broken world invisible to mankind for ages.   I am revealing this mystery of God's strategy in Christ so that a Church, a group of other ordinary people, would make known the many-sided and infinite variety of God's wisdom to angelic and spiritual powers in high places.

God's word reminds me today that I am an ordinary person called to live an extraordinary life.  My humdrum, routine world lulls me into thinking my life is boring, dull, pedestrian.  The reality is that my life reveals a deep and profound mystery to the world wherever I find myself.  My life when joined with the lives of other followers of Christ put powers and principalities on notice that their reign is limited and that they are defeated.  Jesus loved the ordinary people.  Jesus' power is made known in weak and ordinary ways!  Hallelujah!

Father, thank-you for choosing me to reveal your vast mystery to the world.  I trust you to give me the words and actions to explain and to demonstrate the riches of Christ and a plan of Redemption far beyond my understanding.   Give your church the purity to make plain Your wisdom to the world.  Put the kingdom of darkness on notice that your ordinary people are revealing the Kingdom of God.  Hallelujah!  Our God reigns!

No comments:

Post a Comment