Popular Posts

Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Prayer for the Rest-Full Life

I found this prayer in a devotional called Praying with Paul.  This prayer is based on one of my favorite passages of scripture: Hebrews 3:7-4:11.  I decided to blog it so I could find it back and make it part of my prayer cycle.  

Dear Father, I long to enter into your rest - into creative work that is effortless, into joyous activity in which there is no fatigue, into glorious  praise of which I will not tire!  Thank you for the Good News that there remains a Sabbath Rest for the people of God.  Keep me from being hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.   May I not focus on the glittering things of this world and lose sight of the glorious eternity that awaits me.   Let me not fall away from you through faithlessness and disobedience as did your ancient people in the wilderness wanderings.  Let no rebellion sprout in my heart against you.  May I walk steadfastly and patiently in your paths.  May I learn that to enter your rest I must surrender my will .  In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

Press into Him in prayer.  Press into him in Life!  In Him is freedom from the tiresome addictions and strivings of this world that burn up the lives of many.  In Him is a creative activity that knows no fatigue.  

No comments:

Post a Comment