Popular Posts

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Humility

Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.  Philippians 2:3

Humility, the place of entire dependence on God, is, from the very nature of things, the first duty and the highest virtue of the creature, and the root of every virtue.   -Andrew Murray

Don't do anything to put yourself on top or to feed your starved ego.  In stead, in humility --the place of entire dependence on God -- see other people as a high priority.  Completely satisfied and dependent on God rest in the fact that all your needs for love, security and significance are met in Him.   Nothing needs to be added.  The desire to push to the top and to get to the head of the line disappears.  Seeing others recognized becomes your new priority.

Lord, I place my poor, tired, lonely, ambitious self completely in your lap.  I seek to do nothing to make myself rich, popular, or successful.  Instead, I trust you to meet all my needs freeing me to meet others needs. I am free to see to it that others are rich or popular or successful.   Lead me into the free and happy place of humility!

No comments:

Post a Comment