Popular Posts

Sunday, February 24, 2013

An Incredible Life


I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.  Ephesians 4:1-3

At the end of chapter three, Paul has prayed that the Ephesians they would be "strengthened with power through the Spirit in (their) inner being" and that Christ would dwell in their hearts and that they would be rooted in grounded in His love.  What would be the result?  A life full of humility, gentleness, patience and love, a love that puts up with a lot.

I have found myself lately saying that I would follow Jesus even if there were no heaven.  This calling Paul describes, this humble and gentle way of life, is already the reward.   Whenever I find myself wandering away from this calling He is available to me all over again.  His Spirit is available to make deeper changes, to make a deeper peace. To be sure, many good people with great ideals exist outside the church.  However, this gentle bond of peace can be found nowhere else.  I am not the creator of it; Jesus is.

Lord, strengthen me with the power through the Spirit in my inner being so that I may walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have called me.  You have called me to humility, gentleness, patience and love.  You have called me to put up with others imperfections as you put up with mine.  You have called me to maintain peace and unity with those around me.  Dwell in me Jesus so that I might live this incredible life.

No comments:

Post a Comment